Being student, We know that how memory play a vital role in our studies. Every students have got different capabilities to remember things. Some of them are very good in memorizing things whereas others are poor. Many students and parents complain about the habit of forgetting things very frequently. There can be many reasons for poor memory. I have accumulated Top 10 exercises to improve memory.
Reasons for poor memory can be following :-
Lack of sleep :- Due to advancement of technology, students spend a large amount of time on various gadgets like Mobile, Laptop, Internet, TV etc. Technology is beneficial when used properly else It becomes a major reason of insomnia. Human built these gadgets but sometime it seems they are controlling us. Learn how to reduce addiction of Facebook
Medication :- Tranquilizers, antidepressants, some blood pressure drugs, and other medications can affect memory, usually by causing sedation or confusion.
Alcohol :- Drinking alcohol has adverse effect on the mind and can be the reason of poor memory.
Stress and Anxiety :- Stress and anxiety leads to the blockage of new information to be received by the brain. It lessen the concentration causing the poor memory.
Depression :- Common signs of depression include a stifling sadness, lack of drive, and lessening of pleasure in things you ordinarily enjoy.
Top 10 exercises to improve memory
Knowing the reasons of bad memory won’t solve the problem. We will have to understand the various methods to improve the memory.
- Test your recall – It’s a very simple game. Let’s make a list of some items and memorize. After some time try to recall. After practicing for some time you will notice a change in the way things remain in your brain. Increase the complexity of items as the time passes.
- Let the music play – Do you like music? Try to learn some musical instrument. Developing a new hobby and learning gradually sharpen and relax your mind. It will make you feel good if you know to play some musical instrument.
- Do maths in your head – Try to do calculations in your head without usage of paper and pencil. It will exercise your brain and help increase your memory.
- Take a cooking class – If you like cooking, try to learn different recipes . Cooking uses a number of senses: smell, touch, sight, and taste, which all involve different parts of the brain.
- Learn a foreign language – Learning is the key factor improve the memory. Many students like to learn different languages. Listening and hearing stimulates brain.
- Create word pictures – Visualize a word in your brain. Try to think about the other words that begin or end with the same words E.g Boy, Baby, Bay.
- Draw a map from memory- If you came from some new place, try to make a map of that place. It will help you teaching brain to prepare structured data about that place.
- Challenge your taste buds – While eating try to find the ingredients of the food. Let you brain identify and remember things for you.
- Refine your hand-eye abilities – Take up a new hobby that involves fine-motor skills, such as knitting, drawing, painting, assembling a puzzle, etc.
- Learn a new sport- Start doing an athletic exercise that utilizes both mind and body, such as yoga, golf, or tennis.
Summary of the article – As we saw different methods to improve memory. Only motto of these exercises is to challenge your brain to learn new things. You should not restrict yourself with these methods. Try to learn things in your way.
Thanks for reading Top 10 exercises to improve memory. Share Top 10 exercises to improve memory with your friends.